Flirting isn’t only for when you first meet…
You’ve heard of flipping your hair or lingering eye contact across a crowded bar….but how do you keep the flirting alive once you are a part of a couple? We all have busy lives, but adding in a few simple gestures each day can make a world of difference in your relationship.
Following are 10 tips for staying connected through the art of flirting.
1. Touch your partner. Very simple, quick physical contact can make a big impact. Offer a back rub—especially if you haven’t done it in awhile. Touch his face. The classic “wraparound-the-back hug and neck nuzzle” when he or she is standing at the kitchen sink is always popular. When you reach for your toothbrush as she’s standing at the sink, place your hand on her waist or hip. Find excuses to reach out and touch your partner.
2. Tell a joke. Humor can work wonders, it reduces the tension of the day, improves the mood and atmosphere. Find something funny to share. On the flip side, be sure to laugh at his or her jokes.
3. Clean up. It seems simple, but let’s be realistic. Sometimes things slide during the course of a busy day. Take a shower and brush your teeth.
4. Wear something special. When you have some time to spend together, or want to make time, put on something your love likes that you feel good in, even if it’s a clean pair of jeans and a great T-shirt.
5. Snuggle. Rather than sit at opposite ends of the couch to watch a movie, scoot in and keep each other warm.
6. Talk. Make conversation rather than reading the paper or watching television. Good conversation inducers include a walk around the neighborhood together or cuddling up on a cozy couch, candlelight and a glass of wine.
7. Compliment one other. We all love to hear good things about ourselves, especially from those most important to us. What do you admire about your significant other? Tell him or her about it!
8. Put that technology to good use. Text a sweet sentiment or profession of love. Use an e-mail to say hello in the middle of the day. Call to check in during the day. Instead of going directly into “What’s for dinner?” start with “I just wanted to tell you I love you.”
9. Hold hands. The next time you’re walking somewhere together—even if it’s just through the grocery store parking lot—grab your honey’s hand. It may surprise you both.
10. Kiss each other hello and goodbye every single time. This is a quick but meaningful gesture. Go ahead and linger over them occasionally and see what happens.
To see the original article, click here…
So, how do you flirt?
Are you a flirting expert? Share what flirting techniques work best for you? Or, need flirting ideas for specific situations? Ask a question and let us give you some ideas….
Photo credit: o5com’s Flickr photostream